Thursday, January 8, 2009

Alex Update

Just when I thought it was safe to go back to feeding without a muumuu on. Dr. Abou-Harb took us off the EleCare formula and put us back on the Soy formula to see how Alex would do. Anyone wanna take a guess? Yesterday he was cramping so badly and spitting up so much that my babysitter finally called because she was getting worried. Everyone that has seen him in recent weeks have made the same comment "he just doesn't look like he is feeling well". We did a weight check yesterday and Alex has only gained 11 ounces in the past 3 weeks.

I am tired, I am frustrated and most of all, I am getting very worried. Alex is having more testing done on Monday and Tuesday and hopefully we will have some answers after that. He will be sedated for the test on Tuesday, which will involve staying at the hospital for a few hours after.

Please say prayers that we get some kind of a treatment plan in the near future. Kevin and I are still laughing, but we are both exaughsted and need to get this all figured out as soon as possible.

1 comment:

The Mac Attack said...

Prayers are being sent your way. I hope he feels better soon.