Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our collection of hospital bracelets

We just increased our collection of hospital bracelets by 1 more last night. Kevin and I were watching a movie with our cousin Jenna. I was looking at Alex and noticed that his ears were VERY red and even red down the back of his neck. I thought maybe I had used too much detergent on his clothing, so I didn't give it much thought. Plus, he had been rolling around on the floor for about 15 minutes and is often red after that.

When I brought up on to couch to sit with me again I noticed that he had hives all over his face. I asked Kevin to come over and look and further examination showed that they were all over his trunk and into his diaper area. So, Jenna rushed me to the emergency room (again) while Kevin took Matthew up to Leighanna's house. We got right back to see the doctor. They gave him some benadryl right away and the doctor told us that we were dealing with...wait for it, wait for it...an allergy to his hypoallergenic formula! Can it get any worse?? This conclusion was made due to the fact that the redness started about 30 minutes after he ate his bottle.

Just add it to the list.

4 comments:

Misty said...

Oh you poor thing. Let me know if we can do anything for you!

The Mac Attack said...

Yikes. Im so sorry.

Justin and Barbara said...

I truly hope you guys can find something out and it will all get better. You are in our thoughts...

Linda said...

I'm so sorry. I pray they figure out what will help him the best soon!