Saturday, February 16, 2008

Go Red 2008

I had an amazing opportunity this year to be part of the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women event. This event promotes heart health for women. Did you know that Cardiovascular disease is the #1 killer of women? As wives and mothers, we are often so consumed with taking care of our families and not taking care of ourselves. My challenge to each of you this year is to take more time for yourself, fit in 30 minutes of exercise each day and learn to say no. Personally, I know that I struggle with each of these three challenges, but my mom reminded me when she spoke at the lunch that my own grandmother died of cardiovascular disease. She was only 74 when she died and has missed out on so much these past 4 years. The birth of Matthew, Kristin's wedding and now the birth of our second child. Our theme this year was mothers and daughters. The catch phrase was "love your heart, she does". Sacred Heart was this year's sponsor. Below is our Sacred Heart committee member photo.

No comments: