Sunday, February 3, 2008

The sun has come out...finally!

Last week was the snow week from hell. It all started last Saturday, when it snowed for 24 hours straight. We got about 17 inches of snow in that first 24 hours. Then on Monday, the snow continued with a vengence. All in all, last week we accumulated almost three feet of snow in our front yard. I am afraid to see what all of the small trees in our yard are going to look like when all of this melts. The plows finally came through on Thursday to bail us out so that we could get off of our street.

Even though there was a lull in the snow, there was definately not anything boring at our house. Matthew woke up on Friday with a fever of over 103. He was crying, saying that he hurt, and was very tired. I have never seen him so tired in my life. Kevin and I took him to the pediatrician, only to find out that my baby has type A influenza, and a strain that was not covered in this year's flu vacine (which all of us made sure to get). So, now we just sit and wait and hope that Kevin and I don't get it. With me being pregnant, they are worried about a high fever. I have been washing my hands like a mad woman and trying not to get sick...although that is hard with a little man who only wants his mommy.

So, today the sun is out and it is putting me in a much better mood. We go to Florida with my family in about 6 weeks...yay for my parents who decided to pay for our plane tickets and condo for a week! They even bought Matthew the cutest luggage for his birthday. He is so spoiled by them!

3 comments:

Misty said...

Oh, poor Matthew! I feel your pain, we're just now getting over being sick!

The Buck's said...

Yeah, I was not impressed when he told us that Matthew had the flu. Poor kid has been so crabby...and you can't get upset because you know that he feels so lousy! Glad to hear you are all getting better.

Anonymous said...

Poor little man! I hope you don't get sick too.