Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Best Babysitter Ever

Last fall I posted an ad on a local college website looking for a babysitter for Matthew once a week. We found our babysitter in Pullman this way and had great success with her, so I figured it would have to work again...and it did!

Tonight Kevin and I went on a date with my parents to see a movie. Earlier in the week, Matthew asked me when Jessica was going to come over and play with him again. He really loves it when she comes over because she enjoys his new favorite thing...Star Wars. As we walked in the door tonight I heard them playing in his room. Matthew came out to greet us as soon as he heard our voices and then Jessica came into the kitchen, lightsaber in hand and wearing one of his blankets over her head as a cape. It was the greatest thing I have ever seen. What was even better was that my dishes were done and the kitchen was cleaner than I left it. She is awesome! I just wish she wasn't graduating in a few weeks and moving away.

Matthew just loves her and was totally bummed when she had to leave tonight. He asked her if she would come back soon (she said she would) and then gave her a big hug. SUCCESS! Guess I will have to find something for Kevin and I to go do next week for a couple of hours so that he can have some more Jessica time.

No comments: