Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The 20 Pound Challenge

I started running today with my good friend Misty. She had a baby a few months ago and we are both dying to get back into "pre-baby" shape. She told me about this Couch to 5K program and we started this morning...it wasn't TOO bad...but I am reminded that I am not a runner in any way, shape or form.

I stepped on the scale this morning too, just to see where I was sitting. To my surprise, I was 22 pounds lighter than I was the day I gave birth...which had me totally stoked! So, now that I am exercising 3 times a week again, I decided to challenge my husband to a little competition. 5 weeks from tomorrow we are going to weigh in again. Whoever has lost the most weight gets $150 towards something that they want. For me, it is going to be a sassy new outfit to go back to work in, for Kevin it is going to be towards a new bike.

Wish me luck...I totally want to kick his behind in this competition! :)

3 comments:

Justin and Barbara said...

Good luck lady!! And remember...breastfeeding helps to take the pounds off, keep Alex eating! :)

Amanda said...

Wow! I envy your motivation - that's great! And good luck with the competition!

Linda said...

Way to go Traci! Good luck I'm all for you winning this competition.