Thursday, August 7, 2008

Running--Day 2

Today was our second day on the Couch to 5K program. Even though Mr. Alex decided that 3:00 was a GREAT time to wake up this morning and refused to go back to sleep, I met Misty at the track at 7:01 AM (I was running a minute late on account of I couldn't get my lazy butt off the couch). I could feel that my muscles were a little angry with me for thinking that I needed to run again today, but overall it was pretty good...and I feel better knowing that I am working towards my 20 pound challenge.

So, I have done 30 minutes of exercise twice this week and Kevin has yet to make it to the gym...hope this head start doesn't mean that I will ultimately lose. When Kevin and I did weight watchers together he would lose 5-6 pounds per week while I would be lucky to get 5-6 ounces some weeks. HOW FRUSTRATING!! I am a terrible wife in that I am not being overly enthusiastic about getting him to the gym...but I am still trying to be supportive of his goals, mainly because his snoring has gotten a lot worse in the past few months and it is even starting to wake Matthew up at night.

I will weigh in again next week, just to see if there is any progress on the scale after a week of being good.

2 comments:

Misty said...

I'm avoiding the scale. lol. I need to do better with eating and then I'll start tracking weight. Really,I just want my clothes to fit better.

moxie mama said...

you and your husband should figure out the winner by percentage of weight lost, instead of by total pounds because guys do have an unfair advantage. that's the way they do it on biggest loser anyway.