Sunday, August 31, 2008

One month already??

Alex is officially through his first month of life. Overall, he is a very good baby. We had some issues with milk intolerance, so we now give him soy formula as a supplement and I have cut dairy out of my diet...for the most part (I sometimes slip and eat a slice or two of pizza). Matthew just adores being a big brother and is so cute with him. Our "baby" starts preschool on September 8. I feel like he is still so small and not old enough yet, and I fully expect to be emotional when I take him to meet his teacher.

Alex is also a pretty good sleeper at night. Kevin stays up with him until about 11:00and then puts him in his bed in our room where he sleeps until about 3:00. I get up to feed him and we are back in bed around 3:45, and he sleeps until about 7:00This has made getting back to work a lot easier for me, and for him, because he has the opportunity to nurse before I go in. Last week I started back 1/2 time and Alex struggled for the first couple of days, but he got better towards the end.

Thank you to all of you who continue to be a support for us. We are so blessed to have wonderful friends and family in our lives.





3 comments:

Rach said...

Its amazing how fast a month goes by. I'm amazed that you are already back to work. Your awesome! Alex is such a cutie I can't wait to meet him in person.

Justin and Barbara said...

What a cute little man!!! I am glad it is all going well for you.

Amanda said...

Wow! A month already! I'm so glad he is into a sleep routine for you!