Friday, May 23, 2008

GTT Update

I had my appointment with Dr. B this morning to discuss the results of my GTT. Turns out, I didn't fail as badly as I was led to believe. I didn't pass either, but my diabetes is more of a "glucose intolerance". I tracked my sugars all week with my monitor and showed them to Dr. B today who agreed that I am managing this just fine with diet and exercise. WAHOOO!!! I am going to be very disciplined for the next 9 weeks to avoid a baby larger than Matthew (9lb 1oz) and will have one more ultrasound in 6 weeks to get an idea of what is happening with his size, position, etc.

I can't believe it is only 9 more weeks until we get to meet our little man. I am so excited to hold him for the first time and introduce him to his daddy and big brother.

2 comments:

moxie mama said...

yay for not having to take insulin!!!

Linda said...

I'm glad to hear your pregnacy is going well for you and everything is in control. That will be great when you get to meet your new little guy. :)