Monday, May 19, 2008

Week 29 Update

Here is a quick update on me at 29 weeks of pregnancy.

Alex is moving like a mad man. He loves to roll, stretch and slide up under my ribs to kick me. His new favorite activity is kicking me from 2:00 - 4:00 AM, then going back to sleep after he has made sure that I am awake. All of the activity leads me to believe that he is still pretty small, but who knows. I know he recently went through a little growth spurt because he wasn't moving as much and I was very tired.

The test results came back from my glucose tolerance test and I failed the three hour test, so that means back to the doctor with me on Friday and I will probably have to start having non-stress tests and at least one more ultrasound before he comes. I have been monitoring my blood sugars this whole pregnancy and going to the gym 4 times a week, so I am hoping that Dr. B will just let me do this by watching my diet and exercising instead of oral insulin. He will make the ultimate call...as long as I don't have another 9 pounder I will be happy! It was 90 degrees here this weekend and I blew up like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man...so, here's to hoping it doesn't get too warm in June and July!

Matthew is getting more used to the idea that Alex is coming. He told me the other day that Alex will be too little to play the Wii and that my job is to change all of the diapers and daddy's job is to play with Matthew. We'll see about that one! :) My biggest concern is how he is going to handle a little competition for attention from his grandma and grandpa. He is so used to being the only grandchild that I wonder how he will handle Alex getting some of the attention. My mom and I are already planning a trip to Billings to see my grandma when Alex is about 3 weeks old...Matthew is going to go with us, which will be fun for him. My mom is talking about taking a week off when Alex is born so that she can spend all the time with Matthew, which I just know he will love. He is so attached to her...it is so nice to see.

2 comments:

Jade said...

Ugh, summer pregnancies. Why do we do that to ourselves? Then again, it gives us a whole year to get back into our summer clothes size ... that was a bonus for me, considering even two months ago that wasn't going to happen. (It's barely happening now. ;-)

The Buck's said...

Apparently summer pregnancies are due to a lack of thought beforehand. Lord knows I wasn't thinking about it in November! Oh well, I am still not sure that it is done snowing yet...so I am just keeping up the good thoughts for a cool June and August!