Thursday, July 10, 2008

We have the stuff...now all we need is the baby

I am sure that those of you who have been pregnant before can sympathize with this statement...I AM TIRED OF BEING PREGNANT. I am ready to meet Alex and to have a normal sized body again. Case in point, I could only work for about 6 hours today because my ankels became kankels about 2:00, and my toes went numb. Shoes are uncomfortable for sure! Alex has started slowing down in his movements...so I am hoping that means he is getting ready to join the world. Only time will tell, but my doctor told our babysitter that he predicts I will go on July 18 and she will go on August 18. THAT IS NEXT WEEKEND!!! YIKES!

My sister, Kristin, threw me a baby shower in June and a lot of my friends and co-workers were able to make it! A great time was had by all and we got a lot of really great stuff. Kevin and Matthew set up the bassinette last weekend and I have started washing all of his stuff (i.e. sheets, car seat cover, blankets)...so I am ready to go...now all I need is the baby!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Terrific! You're not due yet are you? I thought it was in August. It's miserable being pregnant in the summer. Though I'm glad Matthew was getting you all wet:)

The Buck's said...

My due date is August 5. I don't know if I am actually going to make it...Alex dropped REALLY low yesterday and I have been having a lot more contractions that aren't just braxton hicks...only time will tell.

The Mac Attack said...

I pray for your sake that he comes early. Cause it is so hot and no one wants to be huge prego in the summer heat. Dr. B needs to work his magic.