Sunday, March 30, 2008

Matthew Update

For those of you who I haven't talked to yet this weekend, Matthew is doing very well. He still needs his pain medication every 4 hours, which requires one of us to get up in the middle of the night to get it, but once it all kicks in you wouldn't know at all that he just had surgery on Friday. We were told that day 3 and 4 would be the hardest, and that is tomorrow and Tuesday, so I guess we'll see what those days bring.

We took some pictures pre-op of him, just to make him a little less nervous, and I will be sending those out via email instead of posting them here. He was so cute in his little scrub pj's! :)

The only other challenge was who was going to take care of him this week for us since both Kevin and I had to work, my mom was out of town, my dad is out of town and Kristin has to work. I would like to extend a huge thank you to our friend, Naomi, who is going to take care of Matthew for us tomorrow. After that, my dad is back in town, so I am hoping he can help us (I doubt there will be much arm twisting there!).

No comments: