Monday, June 2, 2008

31 Week Update

Wow! I can't believe that I am posting about being 31 weeks pregnant. Where has the time gone?? :) There are certain things that I had forgotten about being "very pregnant". The main thing was how uncomfortable I was towards the end. I am now swelling in my feet every day, moving hurts, rolling over in bed hurts...and let's not forget having to get up a couple of times at night to go to the bathroom. The question comes to mind...can I really go another 8 weeks. But, then I remember that it will be here before I know it!

Everything still seems to be going good. I have been trying to get out and walk each day, but that becomes more and more difficult with as tired as I have been. Thankfully I work at a very large hospital where I park about a million miles away from my desk and my employees are scattered throughout the building! :)

Matthew and I went and registered for items for Alex at Target a couple of weeks ago with my mom and sister. We had a great time! He picked out the bedding and blanket for Alex...mom and Kristin helped pick out a lot of other things. Thank goodness for my mom, she was thinking about a lot of things that I would have walked by or missed. Kristin is doing a great job planning my baby shower...I am totally excited for it! It is so nice to have the support of my family, especially because there have been a lot of outside stresses this pregnancy. I am guessing that the delivery will be a family affair again. Kristin has already announced that she will be the "counter" when it comes time to push. My mom made me verify with Dr. B that he doesn't care if she is in the room...I told her it wasn't him I was worried about being nervous, but my labor nurse when she realized that she was taking care of the COO's oldest daughter. I told her she would be allowed in the room on the condition that she didn't try to deliver Alex...she made no promises! My dad is bummed that he might be in Billings when Alex is born, but I told him that I will most likely end up with an induction again, so he can be there if he wants. He was there for Matthew and it was so amazing to share that with my family. I told Matthew how everyone was there to welcome him into the world...and what a special boy he is to have a grandma, grandpa and auntie who love him so much! Kevin and I agree that Matthew will not be at the hospital until after Alex is born. Our cousin Jenna is going to take care of Matthew that day for us. She is so wonderful!

Well, back to the grind! Hope you are all having a great Monday so far!

No comments: