Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Matthew's New "Daycare"

Imagine my surprise when I found out that Kindercare wanted about $1600 a month for both boys to go there full time. Why work? So, I started my search in March for a cheaper alternative and found something even better...somewhere that Matthew loves.

My boss, Marilyn, had mentioned to me on a business trip that her daughter Leighanna was thinking about watching a few kids out of her home. I jumped right on that and called Leighanna up a few days later to ask her if she would be interested in watching Matthew and Alex. She said she would and my immediate thought was "score!" This couldn't be a better fit for all of us. Matthew LOVES it at Leighanna's house. They play outside (when it isn't snowing), bake cookies, play the Wii...and even better...he comes home totally exaughsted at night because she doesn't force him to take a nap! Do you know how nice it is not to have to fight with a 4 year old to get dressed in the morning? On the flip side...do you know how annoying it is trying to convince him to come home with us at the end of the day? :)

What is even better for me is that Leighanna treats him just like she would treat her kids. He is learning how to get along with her 2 year old son and tonight when Myles fell and bumped his nose, Matthew ran over to kiss it and make it better. So cute! Leighanna is due about 4 weeks after we have Alex (she is having a boy too), and I know she is going to have her hands full...but there is no one I trust more to be able to handle it and still keep her sanity.

No comments: