Friday, June 6, 2008

We Graduated??!!

Kevin and I have been in marriage counseling for about 6 months to deal with some issues that have been causing problems for us the past 7 years. Not to give out too many details, but we basically had to figure out a way to create our own family without having any interference from the outside. Kevin, I might add, has done a fabulous job of standing up for himself and for me and taking back control of his life. I am such a proud wife!

So there were were, in Monica's office yesterday for another session, when she looked at us and said "you guys don't really need me anymore". All of a sudden I felt like a child getting a security blanket or favorite stuffed animal taken away. Can we really get through this without Monica guiding us?? The answer is YES!!! We are much stronger than we have been at any point in our marriage and I am so pleased to know that the work that we have been doing over the past 6 months has been what has saved our marriage.

For those of you out there who had hoped that we wouldn't make it through and that Kevin would divorce me...SCREW YOU! For those of you out there who have been super supportive of everything that we have been working for and providing not only verbal support but quiet support...THANK YOU!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That's awesome! I'm so happy for both of you and glad you were able to make your relationship stronger.

Misty said...

Um...the first sentence in the last paragraph cracked me up! lol. But YAY for graduating! I'm so glad you worked through it all!

Jay and Camille said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for the two of you. It's good you took the bull by the horns and worked everything out now.