Monday, June 23, 2008

Pregnancy Amnesia...I don't think so

I was complaining to my doctor that I didn't remember the last few weeks of pregnancy being this hard with Matthew. He said that is likely due to "pregnancy amnesia". It is the amnesia that women get about how lousy pregnancy can be so that they decide to have more kids later...forgetting until it is too late just how uncomfortable everything is.

Tonight as I sit here trying to find something to watch on tv, I realize that there is one thing I haven't forgotten about...the pain of giving birth. No "pregnancy amnesia" there. I remember exactly how uncomfortable Matthew's big head was. I just keep hoping that Alex has decided not to grow as big as his brother was (just a reminder, my "little man" was 9lbs 1oz). I have been working really hard at keeping my sugars under control so that Alex has no excuse to gain a lot of weight, but I am not getting my hopes up for a small baby either! I will be happy with 8lbs, I could even be happy with 8.5 lbs.

So, my friends, I ask for your prayers for a small head and small shoulders! I figure at this point, it can't hurt!

2 comments:

moxie mama said...

lol! I heard there is an actual hormone that makes you forget the woes of pregnancy and delivery.

sneaky God:)

The Mac Attack said...

I'll pray for small heads. And I've already forgotten how bad it all was. So good luck with the last few weeks.